Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Better Half?

As a man, I have to be completely honest in saying that...I don't understand women.

I know, I know, this probably comes as a big "shocker" to most people, but really, I just DO NOT understand them. Just ask my wife.

They are emotional, hormonal, and they love to talk in riddles, whereas men--for the most part--are logical, level-headed, and to-the-point.

For example, we have two beautiful children already. If I wanted another child, I would say, "I think I want another baby"--I must insert a note here: To my mother-in-law who reads this blog regularly, DO NOT WORRY! THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE! and now back to our scheduled programming--Where as my wife would simply stare at all the beautiful little girls in their pink bows and tiny dresses until their parents pulled them away in concern while shooting evil glares in her direction.

So what is the point? Men and women...are you ready for this?...are DIFFERENT!

This does not mean that one is better than the other-in fact, I believe that my wife has far outshone me in just about every aspect of life, which is something I deeply admire her for.

But did you know, that Women are really different?

In Genesis, the creation of the world is recorded, everything from the seas to the moon to mankind.

God created Adam--a man--first, but saw that, even though there was a mate for every creature and beast, Adam was alone. And so he created a woman for him.

But let's look a little closer, shall we?

Genesis 2:7 KJV
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.


Genesis 2:19 KJV
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.


Genesis 2:21-22 KJV

(21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
(22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Did you happen to catch it?
 
Let's look again.
 
Genesis 2:7 KJV
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:19 KJV
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Genesis 2:21-22 KJV
(21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
(22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

God made the woman from a completely different material!

While, some would say, "Well, he made man from dirt, and woman from man, so he made woman from dirt too", I would have to disagree. Yes, every man and animal was formed from dirt, but once he formed it into something else, it was no longer dirt.

Now, as a man, I have to say, I'm a little offended. Essentially, A woman is version 2.0 while we guys are just completely outdated.

When you look at it from this angle, It's small wonder in the difference in men and women. We seem different because we are different.

Now, ladies, this does not mean that you can now shove it into your husband's face that you're better than he is.  The man has his purposes too...mainly reproduction and opening up pickle jars, but still.God made us all equal.(I have to say, I find it a little ironic that I'm using the same phrases that men have used on women for centuries to placate them)

There is one other thing that I would like to point out int this chapter that I think is just completely beautiful.

Have you ever heard someone say, "I felt like a part of me was missing. And the I met him/her"? For Adam--and I believe for every man to follow--that was literally the truth. Eve was the part of him that he was missing.

She completed him.

And if you are married, you know the feeling. You can't even begin to think about what your life would be like without your spouse, because they belong with you. They are, in every shape, form and fashion, your soulmate.

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase: "She's my Better Half", because, you know what guys?

She really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment